Player Terms and Conditions
(for those registering to be a member of a Club)
1. Declaration: I declare that all information supplied in this Player Registration Form is true and correct. If any of this information changes, I acknowledge that I will notify my Club of the changes, by updating my profile online or in writing, as soon as possible after they occur. If any of the information I have provided is not true or is misleading, I acknowledge that my membership may be terminated at the discretion of the Club.
2. Termination: I understand:
a. I may resign from my membership in accordance with my Club’s Constitution.
b. My Club may terminate my membership in accordance with the Club Constitution.
3. Bound by Rules: I will be bound by the constitutions, regulations, policies, manuals, and reasonable directions of the Club, the Association my Club is a member of, and Hockey NZ.
4. Use, Security and Access: I understand that my personal information will only be used for the purposes listed in paragraph below and in accordance with the constitutions and regulations of my Club, the Association, the Region and Hockey NZ, and that, in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993:
a) my personal information will be held securely;
b) I will have access to my personal information; and
c) my personal information will be corrected upon request.
5. Accept Risk of Hockey: I have voluntarily accepted and assumed the inherent risk of danger and injury in hockey.
6. No liability: I will not hold the Club, the Association or Hockey NZ or their respective officers or employees, responsible for any claims, losses, expenses and costs (including legal costs) which may arise from or in connection with, my membership and/or participation in any activity authorised or recognised by my Club, the Association or Hockey NZ except in the case of gross negligence or a wilful act or omission on the part of my Club, the Association or Hockey NZ.
7. Indemnity: I indemnify my Club, the Association and Hockey NZ and its respective officers or employees, from all claims, losses and expenses (including legal costs) suffered or incurred at any time as a result of, or resulting directly or indirectly from, my failure to observe the constitutions, regulations, policies, manuals, guidelines and reasonable directions of my Club, the Association and Hockey NZ respectively.
8. Medical Declaration: I am medically and physically fit and do not suffer from any injury, disease or condition, either physical or mental, that would affect my ability to safely participate in any authorised or recognised activities of my Club, the Association or Hockey NZ. If I am unsure about this declaration, or suffer from such a condition I have either listed it on the Player Registration Form or I am aware that I must bring it to the attention of my Club.
9. Privacy: I agree that my Club, the Association, the Region and Hockey NZ, and its respective officers or employees, can collect, hold, use and disclose my personal information as provided in this Player Registration Form (and any updated or additional personal information my Club, the Association, the Region or Hockey NZ obtains from me whilst a member, including any photo or other record of my image) for the purposes of:
a) processing my application for membership including notifying Hockey NZ of the information on this Player Registration Form for the purposes of my Club compiling a register of members in accordance with the incorporated Societies Act 1908 and for the purpose of the Association and Hockey NZ compiling a national database of members and participants (accessible only by my Club, the Association, the Region and Hockey NZ), and request me to renew if my membership lapses;
b) including my photograph or other imagery on the website of my Club, the Association, the Region and/or Hockey NZ, in newsletters, annual reports, or similar official publications. This condition may be waived by sending a written notification to your club.
c) if I agree, (by ticking the appropriate box in this Player Registration Form), putting my name and contact information on my Club’s membership list for use of other members of my Club;
d) if I agree (by ticking the appropriate box in this Player Registration Form), providing me with information and activities relating to my Club, the Association, the Region Hockey NZ and other hockey matters;
e) if I agree, (by ticking the appropriate box in this Player Registration Form), enabling my Club, the Association, the Region and Hockey NZ to contact me with information about their products and services and the products and services of their sponsors or funders;
f) publishing any of my hockey results in the newsletters of my Club, the Association, the Region and/or Hockey NZ and on their websites;
g) selecting and publicly naming players, officials and teams to represent my Club, the Association, the Region and Hockey NZ at hockey events;
h) enabling my Club, the Association, the Region and Hockey NZ to comply with any statute, regulation, by-law or other regulatory instrument that requires collection or disclosure of personal information;
i) retaining the information provided on this Player Registration Form (as an inactive member) if my membership lapses for a reasonable period for the above purposes; and
j) any other purpose I agree to in writing.
10. Continued Membership: I understand that upon payment of my membership fee(s), if I am accepted to membership, I will become a member of my Club and that by paying such fee(s) by the due date(s), I will continue to be a member of my Club, unless I resign or my membership is terminated.
11. Interpretation: Every reference to “I” and “my” in this document includes the applicant and the parent/guardian/caregiver of the applicant (if applicable).
Copies of the constitutions, regulations, policies, manuals and guidelines of the Club, the Association, the Region and Hockey NZ can be obtained by contacting your Club, the Association, the Region and Hockey NZ through their respective websites, where applicable.
For additional information please contact:
Hockey New Zealand
09 630 2932