We’re looking for great people to help grow hockey in New Zealand. Here’s where you’ll find current job vacancies around the country in the hockey community.
North Harbour Hockey – Officials Development Officer
North Harbour Hockey Association (NHHA) is the second-largest Hockey Association in New Zealand with some 4300 winter season and 2000 summer players drawn from both urban and rural areas. Our catchment area extends from Devonport to beyond Warkworth in the north, over to Massey and through to Helensville in the west. The Association manages hockey competitions and programmes for players from 5 to 65+ years old for Clubs, Schools, Social and Representative Teams.
NHHA is viewed as one of the leading Hockey Associations in New Zealand. We are committed to excellent customer service and delivering great experiences through hockey.
Our Officials are a key stakeholder group in our Harbour Whanau. In 2016 NHHA invested resource into this space through our Volunteer Development Officer with a positive return. On the back of this, we are committed to continued investment into our Officials through the creation of a part-time Officials Development Officer role (20 hours a week).
NHHA aim’s to grow the number of Officials in our community, through positive experiences and strong connections with our Umpire and Official Division.
We are on the lookout for an enthusiastic person committed to leading, managing and delivering programmes and initiatives to support the education and development of our Officials.
The Officials Development Officer will:
- Plan, coordinate and deliver Officials and Mentor development opportunities aimed at increasing numbers and capability at all levels
- Develop and promote an Officials pathway and support Officials in their progression through the pathway
- Initiate, facilitate and develop new Officials and Mentors development opportunities and resources
- Ensure Officials and Mentors efforts are recognised through appropriate channels
- Work in partnership with committee members of the Umpire, Officials Division Executive Committee (UODEC)
For a copy of the full job description refer to our Vacancies Tab in our website – http://www.harbourhockey.org.nz/Vacancies-Opportunities.
If you require any further information regarding the position, please contact: Kimberley Jordan on 027 556 6915 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Final day for applications is Monday 27th of July 2020.
If you think you fit this description please apply to Kim Jordan via email: email@example.com. An application must include a cover letter/email and CV.
Strength and Conditioning Specialist
Working in partnership with New Zealand’s National Sporting Organisations (NSO’s), High-Performance Sport New Zealand (HPSNZ) has the responsibility of leading an effective high-performance sporting system throughout New Zealand to ensure the delivery of world-class performance support for athletes and coaches.
In partnership with Hockey New Zealand (HNZ), we are seeking a Strength and Conditioning Specialist to work with the Vantage Blacksticks Women’s National Hockey team. The primary purpose of this role is to lead the strength and conditioning programme to the Vantage Blacksticks Women’s team. The role will incorporate all aspects of strength and conditioning practice including an integrated approach to programming and delivery, GPS data collection and analysis, and load monitoring. A strong understanding of team sports conditioning is desirable.
Applicants will have a proven track record of leading Strength and Conditioning in a high-performance context and hold a relevant Sports Science, Sports Management and/ or coaching practice degree, preferably to post-graduate level, and relevant Strength and Conditioning accreditations (eg. ASCA).
Applications Close: 17th July
Canterbury Hockey – Finance Manager
- Canterbury Hockey
- Broad-ranging Finance Role
- Fantastic sporting organisation
- Part-time permanent role – 20 to 30 hours per week
With over 6500 players, outstanding new facilities and multiple world-class events and tournaments on offer this is a really exciting time to be involved with Canterbury Hockey.
As the largest by player number in the country and backed by an enthusiastic and growing hockey community this is a superb and unique opportunity for a new Finance Manager to join the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of budgets, forecasts and financial reports in conjunction with the CEO
- Assisting in the preparation of Annual Accounts alongside our auditors
- Ensuring strict financial control, compliance and reporting
- Maintaining all accounting records including accounts payable and receivable and general ledgers
- Ensuring creditors are paid on time
- Perform weekly and monthly banking, reconciliations and payroll
- Preparation of GST and RWT obligations and filing with IRD
- Support other financial admin and administration needs of the organisation
Key attributes and skills required include:
- Strong financial management skills and relevant qualification such as A.C.A or Accounting Technician – need not be a chartered accountant
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Competent and proficient in the use of Microsoft products
- Expertise in the use of MYOB or similar accounting software package
- Strong knowledge of general office system
- Confident, respected and objective, especially under pressure
- Strong attention to details
- A good team player, positive and friendly in approach
Previous exposure to and an affinity with the sporting, non-for-profit or community sector would also be advantageous.
This really is a unique chance to be involved with a thriving community; play an extremely active role in shaping the professionalism of the Canterbury Hockey brand into the future.
The part-time role which will initially start at 20 hours per week and ideally increase to 30 hours per week as our position post-COVID 19 continues to strengthen.
If you think you have what it takes then please apply in writing to Emma Hodgkin, Canterbury Hockey CEO.
Click here for the full job description
Contact 03 360 3012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In partnership with High-Performance Sport New Zealand (HPSNZ) Hockey Zealand is proud to offer scholarships to enable the development of targeted hockey players within the Performance Network plan. This is to support and accelerate individual development through quality coaching, athlete services and/or financial assistance.
There are two scholarship categories, the eligibility criteria and application process is included within the links below;
Level 4 – Hockey Scholarship
Targeting players that are potentially 2-4 years from transition to the Vantage Black Sticks national squad.
Priorities are quality coaching and development of the physical and mental demands of hockey in the performance environment.
Level 3 – Hockey Scholarship
Targeting players potentially 1-2 years from selection into the Vantage Black Sticks national squad.
Priorities are quality coaching and enabling time to commit to training requirements.
Applications close 5:00 pm Friday 15th May.
Atletic Terrassa Hockey Club – Hockey Team Opportunity
At ATHC we will organise your exchange with us so your team has a great experience and stays at our club and enjoys our fantastic 50.000 square metre Country Club facility.
- Founded in 1952
- 21x Spanish Champions
- 2x European Champions
- 42 Spanish Olympians
Click here for more information
Briars Hockey Club – Playing Opportunity
Would you like to further your hockey career and enjoy all that Sydney has to offer?
Briars Hockey Club in Sydney is looking to invite several NZ players to join their 1st grade team.
Briars competes in the Premier Division of Sydney Hockey and has over 25 teams.
We are offering several NZ players the opportunity to join us for the 2020 season and
Will support you with;
- Subsidised accommodation
- Assistance to secure employment
- Assistance finding suitably located accommodation
- High level of coaching from ex-Kookaburras
- Free uniform and fees
If you have ever thought of exploring Sydney this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Email a resume of your hockey achievements to email@example.com
We are limited to 4 successful applications.
Click here for more information