We’re looking for great people to help grow hockey in New Zealand. Here’s where you’ll find current job vacancies around the country in the hockey community.
Otago Hockey Association – Community Hockey Manager
Otago Hockey is the governing body responsible for the promotion, administration and management of Hockey at all levels in Otago.
We are seeking a Community Hockey Manager to help us take the sport of Hockey in Otago to a new level.
Our Community Hockey Manager will be responsible for:
- Promoting, planning and overseeing the delivery of our Small Sticks in Schools Programme.
- Promoting, planning and overseeing the delivery of our Fun Sticks Programme.
- Creation of strategy and other programmes to grow the game in both numbers and capability. Live the hockey for life philosophy and make the most of all opportunities.
- Design and implement a programme to increase the number of coaches and the capability of our coaches in the community space.
- Design and implement a programme to increase the number of umpires and the capability of our umpires in the community space.
- Running our Year 5 & 6 Development Programme.
- Assisting with the coordination and delivery of our U13 and U15 Development Programmes.
- Working closely with our Pathway Manager to ensure good links and transition between Community and Performance.
- General support of our wider hockey programme. Assistance with events, competitions etc.
We are seeking a well organised, motivated and energetic individual.
This is an important role for the association and while hours are full time, there is flexibility of hours worked in recognition of the need for some roles to be completed in non-traditional work hours.
The work will be a mixture of hands-on delivery and planning, organising. That balance to be discussed with candidates based on skills and experience.
Candidates with hockey experience will be preferred, but a passion for community and sport is the most important skill set.
Salary and additional benefits negotiated based on skills and experience.
For a full job description or to apply please email email@example.com.
Click here for the full Job Description
Applications Close: 5 pm on Friday 14th February.
Briars Hockey Club – Playing Opportunity
Would you like to further you hockey career and enjoy all that Sydney has to offer?
Briars Hockey Club in Sydney is looking to invite several NZ players to join their 1st grade team.
Briars competes in the Premier Division of Sydney Hockey and has over 25 teams.
We are offering several NZ players the opportunity to join us for the 2020 season and
Will support you with;
- Subsidised accommodation
- Assistance to secure employment
- Assistance finding suitably located accommodation
- High level of coaching from ex-Kookaburras
- Free uniform and fees
If you have ever thought of exploring Sydney this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Email a resume of your hockey achievements to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are limited to 4 successful applications.
Click here for more information