Hockey New Zealand will endeavour to keep the community updated on the evolving Covid-19 situation and how this impacts on the hockey community.
Please visit the government website for the most up to date information.
Training in Isolation Videos
Click here for ideas around how you can train in isolation.
Vantage Black Sticks Update
- The FIH has announced that Season 2 of the FIH Hockey Pro League will now be extended until June 2021 to allow for Season 2 to be completed prior to the Tokyo Olympics.
2020 National Tournament Update
- All 2020 National Tournaments have been cancelled.
- Please click here for full information.
- Hockey New Zealand have made a decision in partnership sith School Sports New Zealand to host the 2020 Secondary Schools Tournaments regionally in 2020. Please click here for more information
- Guidelines around community hockey’s return
- Major Sports Back Return of Community Sports
- Government announces clarity around sports at Alert Level 2
- Sport NZ announces further 25 million short term relief package
- All National Hockey Tournaments Cancelled for 2020
- ACC Tips for returning to training
- Sport New Zealand Balance is Better Guidelines
Q – I live in Auckland can I go to my local turf?
A – Auckland will be in Alert Level 3 restrictions until midnight on Friday 14th August. This will mean that until the restrictions are lifted the Auckland, Counties Manukau and North Harbour facilities will be closed.
Q – I live outside of Auckland. Can I still play hockey?
A – The rest of New Zealand is in Alert Level 2. Please contact your local Association as community hockey can continue at Alert Level 2 with gathering sizes limited to groups of 100 people and contact tracing in place at all facilities.
Q – How can I still keep up my skills?
A – Hockey New Zealand is going to be posting several videos with great training ideas from their staff. We encourage you to be innovative and resourceful around your home and send us through your own videos. We have a significant number of training videos on our social media channels that we encourage to follow along and try safely at your house.
Q – When will the FIH Hockey Pro League return?
A – The FIH announced that season 2 of the FIH Hockey Pro League has now been extended until June 2021. This will allow sufficient time for the competition to be completed prior to the Tokyo Olympics. Click here for more information
Q – Will there be any National Rep Tournaments this year?
A – Hockey New Zealand has made the unfortunate but necessary decision to cancel all representative tournaments for the 2020 season. All national hockey tournaments cancelled for 2020: Thursday, April 2, 2020
Q – Will secondary schools tournament week be happening?
A – Hockey New Zealand alongside School Sport New Zealand are monitoring the evolving situation and will update as soon as possible. Currently, tournaments are still planned to happen.